This different way of cooking Salmon just blew my mind away. Simple and yet so tasty.
- 2 Salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 4 garlic pods (whole or chopped)
- 4 green chillies (slit in the middle)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon tamarind water
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- Cut the Salmon fillets in 1 inch strips. Marinate the fillet with turmeric, red chili powder and a pinch of salt. Set it aside.
For the Curry:
- In a bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, ginger paste, garlic pods, tamarind water and a tablespoon of water. Microwave this mixture for 2 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Add cumin powder and shredded coconut to this mixture and grid it to a paste.
- In a pan, add the paste, add the fish pieces, green chillies, salt and cook until the fish is done. Put some red chili power or tamarind paste if you want it spicy or tangy respectively.
For the Garnish:
- In a separate pan, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Once hot, add the mustard seeds. Once they start popping, add the whole red chillies, curry leaves and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add this garnish to the curry.
Serve hot with white rice.