Similar to the fiery chicken with tequila and lime, this experiments with replacing tequila with rum. And you cannot go wrong with a combination of spices, honey and rum.
- 6 - 7 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Green Chili & Garlic paste (Use 3 Green Chilies & 8 - 9 Garlic cloves)
- 1/2 cup Dark Run
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 inch Ginger (grated)
- 1 Lemon Juice and Zest
- Cilantro stems (handful)
- 1 tablespoon Peppercorn (crushed)
- 1 Green Chili
Prepare the Marinade
- Pound the ginger, a green chili and peppercorns in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, zest to the mix.
- Use this mix and the chicken a good massage.
- Cover and let it sit overnight.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and roast the chicken till it turns brown on both sides.
- Continue cooking on a low flame for 25 minutes (Alternatively, you can cook in a preheated over for 25 minutes).
- In another pan, mix the Chili Garlic paste, Honey, Rum, Butter and Soy sauce to a simmer.
- The sauce will thicken in a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust the sauce based to comfort your taste buds.
- Once the chicken is cooked; toss it in the sauce.
- Serve with cilantro and lemon wedges.