One of my favorite things about this dish is you can get a great meal for 2 without messing up your kitchen. All you need is a baking dish - a cast-iron skillet is perfect.
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste. You can find this curry page in the Asian aisle at most grocery stores or at an Asian market.
- 1 lemongrass stalk, tough outer layer removed. Use a pestle or the handle of a chef’s knife to lightly crush it.
- 1 piece ginger (about an inch). Peeled & smashed.
- 4 garlic cloves. Peeled & smashed. If you like the taste of garlic, you can add couple more.
- 2 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick; about 1 ½ lb. total)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Make thin slits on your chicken and season with salt. Keep in mind the curry paste is high on salt.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Stir coconut milk and curry paste in the skillet (or a baking dish) to combine.
- Add lemongrass, ginger & garlic.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and spoon some coconut milk mixture over.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes. Occasionally spooning coconut milk mixture over.
- Bake until the chicken is tender and cooked thoroughly.
Top the chicken with cilantro stalks and serve with rice or lime wedges.